Monday, October 29, 2007

*sigh* Sometimes I think I'm never going to get back to playing my old vinyl...

new stuff:

Haptic - Correction (Entr'acte)
hamaYoko - 4/29 (Entr'acte)
Marc Behrens - Architectural Commentaries (Entr'acte)
Christopher McFall - Four Feels for Fire (Entr'acte)
Moljebka Pvlse - Seventeen Migs of Spring (Topheth Prophet)
Tatsuya Nakatani - Primal Communication (H&H)

*********************

I rave a bit about the good things I see in places like DIA:Beacon, but here are some I can't quite get my eyes around there:

Blinky Palermo - Just don't see it. Flat, semiphore-like panels of no depth or spatial interest. Like this:




Walter De Maria - Two enormous rooms (maybe 50 x 250') each with six pairs of silver shapes (square and circle, oriented one way in room A, one in room B). I'd rather view them outside in a field or lawn.




The Warhol room. 72, I think, reproductions in varied tones. Just not interesting in any manner I could conceive.





The Nauman neons, eh. Never a Louise Bourgeois fan, still not. The Smithsons and Judd boxes would also be better served in an other-than-museum environment. That Chamberlain "curtain"....nope (though several others of his are great).

Minor carps because there's so much fantastic work there, but don't always want to be so rosy....

No comments: